Monday, November 19, 2012

Reissued Issues


It took the legal department of eBay to break the elusive and deceitful news to me.  Over eight years I had been waiting and perplexed as to why nielsen soundscan had not reported the sale of one CD.

I had the opportunity to meet George J. Laurer, the inventor of the UPC, universal product code.   He came to my school and explained the purpose of the barcode.  Of course the concept was over my head.  I remember his enthusiasm in explaining how it would revolutionize commerce and that one day every product sold would have a unique number assigned to it  making life easier.

UPC’s are unique; but, somehow the UPC to my first CD was not.  It had been issued to a few other artist.  An honest mistake, not hardly.  There had been a lot of screwy things occurring over the internet.  It was piracy on a whole new level.  It was a high price that I had to pay for naively entering into such an agreement.  Duece Dub Music has found it necessary to reissue  Patty Benson 2,666 Miles distributed by CDBaby and it’s affiliates, in stores now.   http://www.cdbaby.com/pattybenson3





No comments:

Post a Comment